A Better Place, defines our vision for becoming a more sustainable business, addressing the concerns of our stakeholders and focusing on the key issues we face as an organisation, socially and environmentally, as well as the communities in which we live and work.
The realities of climate change are increasingly evident through changing weather patterns and seasons. We need to ensure that resilience to these changes is built into our homes, communities, and spaces. There are many new demands facing housebuilders with real change required in the next few years. From ensuring the homes we create are efficient in water and energy use, to bringing nature into our communities and improving the sustainability of our supply chain.
The opportunities to create thriving communities are immense and in light of this, we’ve taken the opportunity to step back and reflect on our sustainability strategy and targets for the future. In the coming months we will be refining our strategy to support the business over the next five years, as well as setting the targets we aim to deliver and upon which we will report against annually.
A Better Place shapes the way we approach every aspect of our work and is being delivered through the combined efforts of every function and employee within our business.
Recent achievements include:
- Awarded 5 stars for customer satisfaction in the HBF National New Home Customer Satisfaction Survey
- 14 Quality Awards, 1 Seal of Excellence in the NHBC Pride in the Job Awards
- 1,306 subcontractor companies supported
- 975 affordable homes delivered
- £180m in local contributions, including the value of affordable housing delivered
- Investors in People Gold accredited
- 94% positive staff engagement